The Forever Song

The Forever Song - Julie Kagawa Review also posted at Ja čitam, a ti?

*Spoilers if you haven't read the first two books in this series (but then again you have them in the blurb as well)*

The Forever Song is one of the most expected books for me this year, especially after finding out that it's a grand finale in this series as I'm used to more sequels when it comes to Kagawa's books. I wish I could say this book was all I wanted but sadly I think I'm getting too old for this.

Allie was one of my dearest vampires in the first book. I loved her humanity and desire to be the being he once was but after she lost Zeke she became that annoying vampire we all hate. Don't get me wrong I don't hate bad vampires and Jackal is one of the example how to create a baddie but Allie is not that, she is not that type of character and I knew that she will get out of that phase sooner or later and that her guilt would make me wanna yell at her. It did happen and when she realized that Zake is actually dead in another sense their relationship lost that innocence and beauty it once possessed.

While Allie was a problem to me here, Kanin was someone I still cherished. I loved him form a book one and it's really nice how the author portrayed him as an master and he really fits the role. I'm also happy that we finally got to see more Jackal and his comments were always funny. Without him this book would get really boring and in fact it did up until the near end when everything started to happen.

All in all, this was the weakest book in this series to me, but at the end it was great to see the great finale.

Rating: 3.5 stars.