Cress

Cress - Marissa Meyer Review also posted at Ja čitam, a ti?

While I was lucky enough to start this series after this book was published, I do understand how many readers felt while waiting for the next book in series as Winter cannot be here soon enough. But Cress continued to bring Marissa's magic.

Without spoiling things, even though the blurb itself is spoilery for those who haven't read Cinder and Scarlet this is a story about Cress, our third narrator girl in this series. She is different from previous two simply because she is living almost all her life on a satellite. She sees the world around her through the screen but she doesn't experience any of it. Up until things in the universe start to change drastically.

Once again I love it how the author combines different fairy tales and characters while not losing the original idea but at the same time creating something new and developing new contexts for it all. All the characters have roots in fairy tales but they are more alive and vivid in a way. From the start Captain Thorne wasn't my favorite, but then again the price from Rapunzel never was my favorite either. It was great to see how Cress and Thorne influenced each other. At the same time the story developed and the best is that this story never got boring, you turn pages like a lunatic just to see what happens next. It grips you and doesn't let go.

Now it's time to wait for Winter and the final battle which I'm really eager to see.