We Were Liars

We Were Liars - E. Lockhart Review also posted at Ja čitam, a ti?

Once upon a time there was a family and in that family were four Liars. They grew up in a kingdom of private island surrounded by tormented seas. During the year they spent some time away, taking care of boring things, like school, life and etc, but every summer they went back to their kingdom where life was everything but boring.

But once upon a time there was an evil force, strong and powerful which occupied this world. That force ruined families and their bonds. It's a force little kids knew nothing about and it terrified them. It was ruining their childhood and everything they thought was unbreakable. They needed to fight and they needed to find a way. That's what they did.

Once upon a time there was a story, a story that was wonderfully written and that captured you from the start. That same story will make you laugh, cry and invite you to its world. But be careful, that story will give you much and you must give it something in return. Piece of your heart, perhaps. But worry not, that same story will keep it and take care of it. That story will also take a day of your time which you'll have to give to it, but in return it'll stay with you forever. It'll give you its eternity.

That same story is this story and it's a story you should read. Without thinking much about it and without excuses. Go on, chase it down and thank me later.

My rating: 5 shining stars!

In case you want to see other opinion and maybe even more logical one, then check out Glass' review for this book.