The Lover's Dictionary - David Levithan Like I said this was really interesting book. It's so unusual, that I really enjoyed reading it.

First of all, I like writing style, it's not typical story-telling. Here you have to pick pieces of story here and then on the other page so you could put story together like a puzzle. Then, you don't have classical description of characters you have just their acts and decisions and feelings. You have to give them shape in your head and names as well. And at the end you have to imagine the end of the story by yourself.

Here are some of my favourite definitions:

basis, n.
There has to be a moment at the beginning when you wonder whether you’re in love with the person or in love with the feeling of love itself.
If the moment doesn’t pass, that’s it - you’re done.
And if the moment does pass, it never goes that far. It stands in the distance, ready for whenever you want it back. Sometimes it’s even there when you thought you were searching for something else, like an escape route, or your lovers face.

reservation, n.
There are times when I worry that I’ve already lost myself. That is, that my self is so inseparable from being with you that if we were to separate, I would no longer be. I save this thought for when I feel the darkest discontent. I never meant to depend so much on someone else.

zenith, n.
Is this the zenith? This last moment of ignorance?
Or does it come much later?