The Last Summer (of You and Me) - Ann Brashares This review is also posted at Ja čitam, a ti?

I found this book at the library few days ago and I was so happy about it. I've read Ann's My name is memory book and I really loved it. Unfortunately the same didn't happen with this book.

This book was such a cliche! From the title you can guess where this story goes and then when you read you have the whole picture, except the end. As always you have three best friends - two sisters and a boy. After growing up together their lives divide. Few years later they all get back to the place where they grow up. Only now things are slightly complicated. They aren't kids anymore and some feelings start to emerge. Just to say, there is not love triangle in this book. Thank Goodness! But still the love story gets complicated. In the meantime some, I must add unexpected, things happen. This was one plus to the story. Another is the sentences. The whole writing, with long narrations I didn't like, but some sentences were lovely. For people who like meaningful and beautiful sentence, have a piece of paper while you're reading this.

You could possibly enjoy this book while you're at the beach. It's easy read with shallow characters and love story. I'm not person for that type of the book (nor I read it at the beach). As you can see huge disappointment this book was for me.