Stormdancer  - Jay Kristoff Review also posted at Ja čitam, a ti?

You all have heard amazing things about this one. I know, me too. I have nothing less amazing to say, I must admit. But I also don't see point in telling you that with repeating amazing all the time. So let me tell you a story.*wink*

After hearing all about how amazing this book is, only logical thing to do is to visit the NetGalley and request it! The same day I was approved. You can only imagine my joy! So then I started reading and I was like

description

every tenth word was a mystery for me. It's funny though how lately I got used to English more than my own language. So it reminded me of the time I started reading books in English and also that no matter how much I got better at that there was still bunch of things I had no clue about. Nah, well. So I put this book aside and read some other books. Until few days ago.

But do you wanna know what really made me pick this book again? Look at this

description
(someone is really good at photoshopping *grin*)

So yes that was the reason that (long ago, in this kingdom by the sea...) made me finish this book. Absurd I know, and I have no idea why this. But it was so funny to see this picture and it was time for me to read this book. Besides publication date was close so..*grin*
I'll stop blabbing now and do some actual work here. There are books with slow and confusing starts and this is one of them. But as soon as you pass all those complications aka first 50 and something pages you start enjoying this book. Because can feel its magic. You can picture sea-dragons and thunder tigers and much more. But this is not only a story about magic and another culture, it's also a story about higher goals, about opening your eyes and seeing beyond what you've been thought. It's a story about getting over your fears and using your power. Most of all it's a story and world you haven't heard of before and at the end of all that it'll make you cry.
I must admit that I don't know much about Asia or any culture similar to this one so I have no idea if any of this is actually mentioned somewhere before. Truth to be told I'm afraid to do the research cause I want to to believe that Jay Kristoff really invented all of this. Because at the end of the day he can say

description

That's how you write something amazing and more than innovative. Something that deserves 5 stars!

*I know I used too many Sheldon gifs for one review, but I ain't even sorry.

***NOTE: Copy of this book is kindly provided by publisher, St. Martin's Press, via NetGalley. Thank you so much!!! I'm not paid to write this review - I do it as a lover of written word. All opinions in this review are personal.