The Raven Boys - Maggie Stiefvater Review posted at Ja čitam, a ti?

I have a confession to make. First Maggie's book I've read was Shiver and ever since then I fell in love with her writing. I loved The Wolves of Mercy Falls and every next book wasn't like that. Even though I cannot say any bad thing about stories, they're all imaginative and beautiful, still I miss that music coming out of the words.

The Raven Boys was, for me one of the most expected books this year. The story was good and it had everything needed - interesting story, imagination and something new. Those are probably main characteristics in Maggies writing. I really liked it, even though it was slow paced, still that's another characteristic.

Story starts with Blue (I love her name, btw). Her mother is psychic and she's the one who sees the spirits, but this time Blue is one who sees a young boy. She is shocked cause she though she would never be able to see them. When she told her mother and her friends about it they had an explanation. There are only two reasons a non-seer would see a spirit on St. Mark’s Eve,” Neeve said. “Either you’re his true love . . . or you killed him. But long time ago they told her not to kiss a boy cause her kiss would kill her true love. Then we also have the boys, actually The Raven Boys. They go to the private school and they're considered rich, spoiled boys with rich parents to pay them all that. There is four of them Gansey, Adam, Noah and Ronan. Soon enough they and Blue meet and they see that they have a lot of thing in common. True, Blue promised herself to stay away from The Raven Boys but...there is always a but. You'll find dose of magic in this book, dose of romance and dose of bad boys. The narrator in this book often changes, sometimes it's Blue, then Gansey, Adam or someone else. For me it wasn't hard to follow the story.

All in all this story is something you must read if you want to enter another magical adventure. You'll enjoy it. For me it was an amazing travel but still the music wasn't there. Maybe I expect too much. But yes it's me, not the book.