Silver - Talia Vance Review also posted at Ja čitam, a ti?

You know the feeling when you're reading a book and you know that something doesn't fit and you dunno what. That feeling I had whilst reading this book. I couldn't feel any emotion and there was just bunch of words that made up a story.

Let me tell you more about the book. Brianna is another high school girl living high school life. She is not pretty or at least she think so and most of the time she feels invisible or in shadow of her best friend Haley, who is pretty and has all the boys. There is another girl Christy which will make them best friends. Story starts at the party where as always they're looking at the boys they have crush on which leads us to Blake. Brie has a crush on him for a long time and even though they had met few times he never paid much attention to her. Up until on the party totally by accident Brie's bracelet slips off revealing real Brie. Soon enough she learns about the whole world and magic history that lays in her heritage.

The whole concept of this story wasn't bad, but few things weren't so interesting for me. First of Brie, oh she is so typical that it become annoying. All that push and pull with boys and magic were too much for my taste. Then there were feelings. I couldn't feel anything, love, anger, happiness, craziness...nothing, absolutely nothing. So maybe some people will like this story, especially younger readers, but me...I'm getting too old for all this drama.

Actual rating is 2.5 stars but it's three in my rating system. I should also apologize for not reviewing this book earlier and I'm sorry.

***NOTE: Copy of this book was kindly provided by publisher, Flux Books, via NetGalley. Thank you.
I'm not paid for writing a review - I do it as a lover of written word. All opinions in this review are personal.