On the Island - Tracey Garvis-Graves Review also posted @ Ja čitam, a ti?

This is my first book about plane crash so I honestly had no idea what to expect. My first thoughts were connected with a TV show Lost, cause I used to be a big fan of it. Anyway I was really excited to read this one.

First things you notice in this book is dual POV which is for me an interesting thing. I like it when there are more POVs in a book but of course it means that female writer has to get inside man's head or vice versa. I think that in this cause the work is done pretty well.

As you see in the blurb we have two main characters. Anna the thirty-year-old teacher and T.J. seventeen-year-old student. Everything starts when one year T.J.'s family goes to vocation on Maldives and they hire Anna to tutor their son cause he lost a lot of school time. The reason for that is his cancer. As any other teen T.J. is not happy to spend his holiday like that cause he missed his friends and teen life. Anna on the other side is tired of waiting for her boyfriend to propose and decides that some distance between them is necessary. The problems starts when during their trip to island T.J. and Anna survive the plane crash and soon they're stuck on the isolated island. At the beginning they hoped that the help was coming but as time passed by their hopes disappeared. Being stuck there they have no other option than to find a way to survive. After few months they get into routine and their life on the island becomes bearable. But being alone leaves them a lot of time for thinking about life and everything in general. Soon their lives gets more and more complicated.

I must admit that I was really surprised with this book. It was really readable and easy to follow. It didn't blow my mind or anything but for this type of a book it really has got high rating. This book is perfect for relaxing and enjoying your read without a lot of thinking.

***NOTE: Copy of this book is kindly provided by publisher, Penguin Group , via NetGalley. Thank you.
I'm not paid for writing a review - I do it as a lover of written word. All opinions in this review are personal.