Splintered - A.G. Howard Review also posted at Ja čitam, a ti?

It's really tricky to read retellings, at least for me. Somehow they tend to disappoint and I usually avoid them, but after hearing all the great things about this book I simply had to read it. Luckily it didn't disappoint.

We all know the story about Alice (is it just me or this story is mostly used for retellings) but somehow the author managed to create really interesting story about this one. We're in present and reading about this girl whose great, great mother was the famous Alice in Wonderland. Even today after all these years people know her last name and tend to make reference to the fairy tale. Only there is another thing her mother is in asylum cause she couldn't take all the voices anymore. Now Alyssa has the same problem cause the voices are talking to her too. She must find a way to break a curse and for that she must go to Wonderland, the land she dreamed so much about.

If I had to describe this story I'd say it was enjoyable, readable and full of action. Just how it should be. Of course I wasn't happy about some things, but nothing that I couldn't go over with. Now I'm happy that I gave this book a try. Luckily it didn't play any tricks with one of my favourite fairy tale.