Mark of the Sylph  - Rosalie Lario Review posted at Ja čitam, a ti?

I can feel Glass giving me "the look" because of the cover. Yeah, I know babe it's really catchy. In my defense I first saw the old covers with less muscles on them. Still the most important thing is the story, right? Anjana asked me to join this tour and I accepted but I was afraid that it'd be typical paranormal story and too adult. Luckily for me it was neither.

Talking about paranormal - I haven't read many paranormal books lately and those that I did were parts of the series I loved. Stories became too typical and cliche. But that's not the case here. Here're all (or most of them) halves here. Meaning you get half demon and half fae in one person. HOW COOL IS THAT? It was really cool for me. You can see that I haven't read the first book - yeah I tend to skip the beginning of everything and jump right when all hell breaks loose. As far as I know every book in this series will follow one of the brothers. Taeg's story is told here.

Even though the brothers saved the world in first installment some things were still left undone. Taeg blames himself for some things that have happened in the past and now he is trying to find a way to fix them. He couldn't even dream that he would find a solution to his problems in a library. There he meets Maya. In the world where demons are everywhere she is only human who can see them. She can see through their glamour. She has a long history with demons and she is seeking for revenged. In the process she became a really kick-but demon slayer. You can tell that the two of them won't get well together but hey they might as well be match made in heaven cause soon enough they'd need each other to complete their missions.

I can't say that this book was perfect. You might say that the world-building wasn't the best, but once again I haven't read the first book and took me some time to connect all the dots. But at the same time there was some beauty in it. I was surprised even more with every discovery. This story exceeded my expectations and I was really able to enjoy the story.