What's Left of Me - Kat Zhang review also posted at Ja čitam, a ti?

Why everyone thing this is a contemporary story? I have no idea why cause when I saw it for the first time I knew it was a dystopian story. Now when we've settled that let's move to the story.

Dystopian genre is really blooming and I've read a different stories and concepts but this one is also new for me. The story here is about souls. Technically about two souls. The story has it that since the birth everyone has a two souls in their body and during the years one becomes dominant and the other one disappears and that's called settling. Only our main characters Eva and Addie are still two persons in one body or how they call it - hybrids. The thing here is that only Addie knows that Eva exists for all the others there is only Addie...until one day when they make new friendship. Soon enough their lives completely change and they need to get out of the mess they got themselves into.

While What's Left Of Me is a story with a different concept still many events are well-known. The beginning of this book was really great and enjoyable. I easily got into the story. But I can't say the same for the last part of the story, cause then it fell into the pattern that was not so unknown. Still the book left a lot of unanswered questions and can't wait to read the sequel.