After Math - Denise Grover Swank Review also posted at Ja čitam, a ti?

Some things changed it seems. We college people are now more interesting than high-schoolers. Yeah *high fives* my fellow friends! Yeah I know I've been reading YA and of course there will be high school drama and everything but New Adult is bringing something new and I like it.

The story is about college student Scarlett. The girl who is not typical. Let's face it she math major and not good with people. She can ace every math test and do any math problem but she can't deal with people. Math is easy it has the rules to be followed and you can find a solution. Life is not like that you have no rules and no idea what to expect. The problem starts when she has to tutor the bad-boy of the university - Tucker Price. He has reputation going on - he is a womanizer. Scarlett is afraid of that, because he is the type of people she tends to stay away from. The problem starts when they become closer and their conversations more personal. She meets another Tucker. One no one knows about. He acts differently towards her and she meets the real him. Only in the process she starts falling for him. The life is complicated enough as it is and love creates new meaning of complicated.

The beginning of this story was really interesting. Scarlett wasn't typical main character. She was one of the smartest people there and she had life-goals set. But then the story became less intense and more predictable and also reminded me of another book. I somehow still hoped that some things would be different but well it wasn't met to be. Still this was an easy and enjoyable read.

Rating: 3.5 stars

*NOTE: A series? When did this become a series?