The Eternity Cure - Julie Kagawa Review also posted at Ja čitam, a ti?

After I've heard that Julie Kagawa was writing a dystopian series I was so in. I really liked The Iron Fey series and so I got The Immortal Rules for the review. I was thrilled. I had some issues with it though. Starting with pacing. I wanted to press forward few times in the book cause it was too slow. But at the end I liked the idea of the book so I couldn't wait to get this one too.

Herlequin being as awesome as always gave me the arc of this book. I can't tell you how much I enjoyed this book. Everything that I didn't like in the first book was great here. Starting with pacing. I had problem with it in The Immortal Rules but here it was just right. This book has around 400 pages and I think I've read it in one sitting. It was so captivating. Then with Allie. I liked her in the first book too but she became a really dear to me here. Also I've got to see Kanin more. His character in the first book was so mysterious and bad-ass and here I could meet him better. Honestly I'm one of rare persons who is not a big fan of Zeke but who asks me. Anyhow this book was much better than the first for me.

Allie is a girl living in the new world After the Red Lung human population almost disappeared. It was a time for vampires to rise and rule. They needed food so they had to keep humans safe or what's left of them whatsoever. Allie has been turned into a vampire by Kanin but she still had a feelings for human life and in the first book she decided to help Zeke and his little tribe. After that she vowed to do another thing - help Kanin. She could feel he was in danger and it was time to complete the task in this sequel. In the process she meets some other members of her family and realized that the connections between vampires is not so week.

Like I said this series is becoming better and better for me therefore I can't wait to read the next book in this series.

***NOTE: I received a copy of this book via NetGalley from Herlequin. Thank you.
I'm not paid for writing this review - I do it as a lover of written word.