Slated - Teri Terry I won this book over at Bookville! Thank you Adeeb!

Review also posted at Ja čitam, a ti?

This is one of the books that has been sitting on my shelf for a long time and it was really a high time to read it. I probably didn't expect this cause I've have read the book sooner.

As in other dystopia the world and society as we know it is goon. Some things had happened and most of the things changed. Well not so much here. The world as we know it is still there but society is not. UK is gone and Central Coalition is here. That brought some advances in people's lives. First there is no criminals as new government found a way to deal with them. The simply get Slated or their memory get's wiped and they start all over in the new city and new family. Kyla is one of them. She starts her life all over again but the problem is she gets flash backs of her life. They cause that her LEVO level gets low. LEVO is around her wrist all the time and it regulates and monitors the level of her emotions. It can't get too low or the slated person will collapse or die. Soon enough she meets Ben another slated boy who gets under her skin. People start disappearing and Kyla discovers some unusual things around her.

This book is really one of these that you'll read in one sitting. It's not small but it gets under your skin and soon enough you can't stop reading it. I really liked the story and some parts were really scary for me. I can't wait to find out more about this world and whatever will happen with Ben in Fractured.