The Sea of Tranquility: A Novel - Katja Millay Review also posted at Ja čitam, a ti?

I live in a world without magic or miracles. A place where there are no clairvoyants or shapeshifters, no angels or superhuman boys to save you. A place where people die and music disintegrates and things suck. I am pressed so hard against the earth by the weight of reality that some days I wonder how I am still able to lift my feet to walk.

Considering that this book is yet to be published it already has a lot of reviews that tells you something. I like many other have gotten this book from the NetGalley but I've read it just recently. I knew it would be great 'cause many said so but this was beyond great - it was amazing.

The Sea of Tranquility fits into category of books that are perfect for me. It has everything that I'm asking for. Besides its beautiful title and cover it hides an amazing story. It's a story about Nastya or how I love to call her Sunshine and her life. After some things that have happened in her past everything in her life changed. She couldn't continue with her life and it became a full-time struggle for her. She had to give up on her piano and a lot of things because piano playing was a main thing in her life. Her family though that some change in her life would do her good they've sent her to her aunt where she stats another high school. Her changes her appearance almost completely because she is sick and tired of seeing pity on people's faces. Only soon she discovers that there is someone in the school who is even better than her in that. Josh managed to create a shield around himself so everybody pretend that he doesn't exist.

After reading the blurb I was afraid for many things. Mainly the two main characters sounded too messed up and that anything between them would be destructive but well I should know better. Once you meet them and hear their stories you can't help but to fall in love with them and fight their battles with them. I know I did.

It was easy to enjoy thins as this book has everything I could every ask - wonderful and real characters, strong story, beautiful romance and writing and the most important emotions - I felt them on almost every page. Everything here felt so real.