The Boys of Summer (Summer, #1) - C.J. Duggan Review also posted at Ja čitam, a ti?

Firstly I have to thank Adriana over @ She's Got Books On Her Mind for hosting the giveaway for this book which I've won and also the author for sending me the book. I had short conversation with her and she is really nice person. It's totally irrelevant but it's nice to meet new authors and I always look at them with respect. I'm blabbing as always...so the review.

Few summers back there was another Summer series that I really loved. So I was really happy to get to read another summer series. I must admit that that the first one still stayed higher on my all time favorite summer reads. Needless to say some things changed - as I changed and probably I'd have another opinion for summers back. Jesus this sounds like I'm about to tell you how this book was disaster but really it's not. This story was enjoyable and sweet read.

Everything starts with three best friends Tess, Adam and Ellie. They're typical high school students. Now it's summer time and they decide to start working this summer. Tess our main character has not so bright past and her ex-boyfriend is still giving her some hellish time. But you know these kids, they still need time to grow up. The things change once when she sees the "Onslow Boys" again. They're older and therefore out of high school so she didn't have time to see them around much. Needless to say among them is her crush - Toby Morrison. Soon she and her friends become friends with "Onslow Boys" and things start to changed.

Above all this was one really interesting and nice read. The beginning was a bit slow and it took me some time to fully get into the story. But then suddenly everything started happening too soon. That was one problem and another was that sudden interest in Tesa. Like she was living under the rock for all this time and now everyone are interested in her. That sort of love-triangle was maybe good to push the story but IMO the participants were wrong but still that wasn't my decision to make. I'm really looking forward to the next book in this series cause I sounds different.