Solstice High - Ardash Vartparonian Review also posted at Ja čitam, a ti?

Honestly I didn't know what to expect of this book. I was afraid that I won't like it because of the age of the characters but then again this is urban fantasy, so I decided to give it a try. I'm glad for that.

This started like some of typical stories from my childhood. Kids find something strange at school and they decide to go and see what's that without calling for help and all that leads to something bigger and more dangerous. After discovering something they weren't supposed to something strange starts to happen. They develop superhuman abilities and they don't know how to control them. They have two options or to stick together and try to find the lab or to go and ask the villain. They know that they must stop this as lives of their peers are in danger so they go into a mission. For many teenagers being one is a everyday mission but these kids have to grow up and fight for themselves.

All our main characters Matt, Rochelle, Daphne and Jonas were different but combined together they created a great group. They were connected more than they though and they strength was when they were together. But some things were a bit confusing for me, like switching from one character to another. I think it started too early because I didn't know the characters well enough to make difference between them and to catch all the connections. It took me some time to get used to them and follow the story easier. But all in all it was an interesting read.

Rating: 3.5/4 stars