Requiem - Lauren Oliver Review also posted at Ja čitam, a ti?

This one of the series I have got to say goodbye to this year. When I think of it, this year was full of them but at the same time I got to meet some amazing new characters whose stories I'm now anxiously expecting. That's just one of the reasons why I love reading.

Talking about plot here won't be an option, because as always when we talk about third and in this case final book in a series it's hard not to spoil things and I don't want to do that. But I can say that Delirium is an interesting series that pictures world without love. It was a new concept for me and interesting one at that. This trilogy was full of action and turning points and with all that it had a great world-building. I enjoyed more or less all the characters here and I did pick a side still I didn't hate the other one. I could even forgive that cliffhanger after Pandemonium.

I'd love to say that here, as in all Hollywood movies, love always wins, but honestly I don't know. That leads us to the biggest problem here. I usually don't have problems with open endings but the thing is that here things are left too open. I want to believe in one thing and hope that it's what happens but I can't as there is always that little devil on my shoulder that puts all "but what-if"s in my mind.

Good thing, though, is that my expectations for this one were minimal before reading Requiem because I have seen some terrible reviews for it. Because of that I enjoyed this book more than I thought. But still it leaves the bittersweet taste in my mouth, because it needed just a little to be perfect.