Hover (The Taking, #2) - Melissa  West Review also posted at Ja čitam, a ti?

Apart from all the sequels that are coming out this year for me this one was one of the most expected title. I really, but really wanted to get that purple sky. But for real, when you leave me hanging with a cliffhanger it drives me crazy and when you add a new planet into all that I go insane.

Gravity, the first novel in this series, was one of those that caught my attention and like I said in my review it wasn't flawless but it was enjoyable. But for me the most interesting thing is that where Gravity had flaws Hover was flawless and vice versa. While I enjoyed the picture of destroyed Earth in Gravity I expected to get the same from Loge. Unfortunately it didn't happen, or I might have expected too much. That's the problem when you promise me a totally new planted (with purple sky) I'll expect too much. Period. At the same time the first book was really action packed, same as Hover but I have got a feeling that the plot here was static. It's hard to explain, but whit all the action in this book the plot didn't move much forward. At the other hand the relationship between Ari and Jackson here bought me. It was so sweet and intimidating that I couldn't help but enjoy. Same is for Jackson. He was an interesting character in the Gravity, but here I saw his good, as well as bad days and that helped me connect with him more. Logically, Ari changed too and they grew together and they fulfill each other perfectly.

Honestly, I can't say that I'm disappointed with this book as I'm not. It had its ups and downs, but for one thing I really expect a lot from the next book. I might have turned blind-eye to some things here and I won't do it again. It means that I want to see Loge in its beauty and ugliness, and not to mention one real fight. Melissa you owe us that.

Needless to say, I got my purple sky at the end of the day.

Rating: 3.5 stars.

NOTE: Copy of this book was kindly provided by publisher - Entangled. Thank you.
I'm not paid for writing this review, I do it as a lover of written word. All opinions are personal.