All Our Yesterdays - Cristin Terrill Review also posted at Ja čitam, a ti?

Here we have a lot of elements that for me would work out separately but surprisingly they can work together too. Christin's managed to put different elements together and offer some new concept to young adult literature.

Strangely enough I have seen couple of movies where time machine was invented and that concept is old enough, but I haven't read the book with it. Or at least I can't remember. Here everything starts with Em and Finn, who are in prison and have to suffer the torture. Em knows what she must do and that would mean killing part of her past and part of herself. The one that she pushes back. Later the story changes and we switch to another narrator Marina. She is a girl who is in love with her best friend - James. They grew up together and for some reasons he had to leave for some time. After coming back he sees Marina in a new way and everything starts to sound ideal, but not for long. Soon James' life starts to fall apart and he becomes part of something even bigger than himself.

While story takes turns from Em to Marina things slowly start to wrap up and the whole story gets bigger meaning. Everything then starts to build up and you see the whole picture and realize that time machine can do more than we could ever imagine. Until the end when everything culminates into the final conflict.

Being unique and original for sure places this book high on my rating chart. This book plays with my mind and some ideas that were unimaginable here are presented. I'm still not sure how to feel about it. Only problem for me was that I couldn't feel some moments, but at the other hand this book is full of action so it's also understandable. All in all, it was a great read packed with action and unique plot.