Uninvited (South Hills Sidekicks, #1) - Leah Spiegel,  Megan Summers This was cute!
Review also posted at Ja čitam, a ti?

When you look at the cover and read the blurb you know what's the first word that came to my mind - silly. It actually was silly at the times, but besides that it was such a funny read that I couldn't stop laughing and not to mention mysterious which I really didn't expect.

This is Alley's story. She is a girl attending high school, but she is in a bit unusual company. Her best friends are as cliche as they can be. Spending a lot of money on cloths, make-up, etc while Alley doesn't. But still they create a great group of friends. Everything starts like yet another high school year until one day their friend Kirsten disappears. She acted unusually lately, actually since the new guy in school showed up - Shane. Girls easily fell for his charm, but not Alley. She saw him talking to Kirsten just before she disappeared and that made him number one suspect. It was time for girls to do a private investigation and find out what's Shane hiding and who is he actually.

My favorite part of this book were conversations between Shane and Alley. They made me laugh so much and I wanted to hug Alley with every witty word she said. For me she is such a great character and I could easily connect with her. But at the same time Shane is such a great boy and I could easily fall for him. Besides the two of them all secondary characters were great, especially Val, because let's face it we all have that one blonde friend.

For people who usually read chick-lit this book might not be as fascinating to them as it was to me, but for me this was actually a really perfect summer-read and it had everything I could ask for. I can't wait to read more of this.