The Exemeus (The Exemeus, #1) - Folami Morris,  Abeni Morris Review also posted at Ja čitam, a ti?

It's not a secret that I love fantasy, but another thing is that I like that old kind of fantasy. Where you have old books and good old mystery around. This book has all of that and what's even more interesting it's dystopia at the same time.

This book is divided into two stories basically and they're intertwined. We have a story about a young boy Dephon who lives in a future world. The world as we know it has been destroyed and now the Treptonian government runs what's left of it. Only he doesn't know that he has a power, a power he inherited from his mother and father, but father is ready to face the truth and help him. Until one day one person from the past shows up and gives him The Exemeus. His mother's Exemeus to help him figure things out and what's more important to meet her better as he never had a chance to. As soon as he opened the book he meets someone who is there to lead him through it and become a friend he never had. With a little time left he must learn all there is about his magic and the way to save the world.

While reading his mother's Exemeus we travel into the past and other world - Haylee's world. Where we get to know how did it started and what happened. I can say that Dephon was a sweet boy and was a good narrator, but Haylee was easier for me to connect with. It was easy to flow from one story to another and to connect the dots. While meeting Haylee and Singelton and their love story and then comparing that to the past in which Dephon lives you can see the changes that happened not only in the world but in people.

It's really hard to balance while writing this review. It is confusing when you start the book but the magic starts when you become able to connect the stories and to see the bigger picture, or better said the whole picture. All in all, I can say that I enjoyed in this story that has a wonderful magic in it, with coming of age and a bit of romance. With this I can't wait to see more and hopefully I'll get to see more of outside world (which is probably the only thing I missed here).